This is the time of year for Making lots of noise, Carols and Xmas Cheer - what better time than to celebrate public transport as it's been mentioned in music and thanks to The Uncut Book of Revelations Volume 2 - A Second Compendium of the Very Finest Rock Facts we can do that. Here's a few quoted from the compendium.
1. Billy Joel - New York State of Mind - .... but I'm taking a Greyhound/On the Hudson River Line...
2. Divine Comedy - National Express - ... don't just sit there feeling stressed/Take a trip on the National Express.
3. The Beatles - One after 9.09 - I said I'm trav'ling on the one after 9.09 ... I got my bag/run to the station/Railman says you've got the wrong location.
4. Robyn Hitchcock - Trams of Old London - Trams of Old London blow my mind/Ludgate, Fenchurch, Highgate Hill/Rolling Slowly Up there Still/Uh huh Waterloo and Clerkenwell
5 Kraftwerk - TransEurope Express - Rendezvouz on Champs-Elysees/Leave Paris in the Morning on T.E.E/In Vienna we sit in a late night cafe/Straight connection T.E.E.
6. The Jam - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight - And a British Rail Poster read, 'Have an Away Day! A Cheap Holiday. Do it today!'
And some others that spring to mind:
7. The New York Dolls - Subway Train
8. Duke Ellington - Take the A Train
Then there's a few that promote walking and cycling which we might get in to in more detail in the next post, but include - Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine, and INXS - Just Keep Walking.
Nope - being pre-christmas, didn't get the time or inspiration to do another post on topic - so will add another 'ditty' here:
Euphoria - Walk On - (India) - being predominantly in Hindi - it's very easy to interpret the message from watching the video.